Thursday, July 17, 2008

Now Accepting Applications for New Daddy


It's a fact: more and more children are being raised in single-parent families.
Most custodial single parents are female.
You can say kids get married too soon, you can say children shouldn't give birth to children... you can say any number of things regarding this single-parent phenomenon, but it will not stop it from being true.

Teenage pregnancy aside, this can still happen to anyone, at any time. It happened to me, after several years of marriage and three children. Now it is happening to my daughter. Although she is a mature young woman, with nearly 10 years in the US Army, and she first met her husband when they were in grade school together, she has recently become the single parent of her own little boy.

My daughter is braver than I am. When my marriage ended, I said I would never love anyone again. She is in no hurry to be romantically involved, but she isn't going to hide in a shell the way I did.
This design is inspired by my daughter and my little grandson, who both deserve to have someone else to love them. -- Maybe not tomorrow, but some day in the future.

Now accepting
applications for
new daddy.
Please send current
resumes to Mommy

Generally speaking, this design shouldn't be taken too seriously!
But, still, you never know when the right person might see this and arrange for you to meet their husband's brother, or whoever.
There are good men in the world, too, you know -- the kind you want your son to be someday.


No comments: