Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Totally Off-Topic

For the person who was searching here in my blog for information on "march to the beat of a different drum" -- the song you were looking for was "Different Drum," by the Stone Poneys. Linda Ronstadt was the lead singer. The song says "You and I travel to the beat of a different drum...." I believe it was written by Mike Nesmith, of the Monkees fame.

Oddly enough, people also come here seeking:

  1. the Beatles
  2. that line from the Everly Brothers song "Bowling Green" (and I thought I was the only one who remembered that song!)
  3. the Cowsills
  4. beautiful girls
  5. horses
  6. daffodils
  7. t-shirts

I include bits and pieces about music I love, but t-shirts with girls, horses, and daffodils are the only things on that list which you might purchase here.

Then again, I am inspired by the music of those artists to create my own art, so that should count for something. Also, it's emotionally satisfying to read someone else's memories of favorite songs, old TV shows and movies, places, and people.

Folks have Googled for some fragment of a memory from their youth and found - my memories.
P.L. painting the day to Barry Cowsill's song. A barefoot summer girl basking in the Kentucky sunshine from Phil and Don Everly's song. I even have a painting in my gallery section which I haven't featured (yet) of a sleepy cottage, named "Golden Slumbers," after the lullaby-like song by Paul McCartney, from the Beatles' Abbey Road album.

Keep "listening." There'll be more.

No comments: